Installed Applications report
The Installed Applications report shows up-to-date information about the individual applications installed on each active device in your account.
On the Reports page, you can access this report from Absolute view or the Application category.
NOTE To view summarized application information for all devices in your account, go to the Applications page in the Assets area.
In the current release, the Installed Applications report shows the applications installed on your active Windows and Mac devices only.
To detect the applications installed on your devices, you first need to activate the Installed Applications policy in one or more policy groups.
To view the Installed Applications report, your user role needs to be granted View permissions for Software reports. All default user roles are granted this permission.
No filters are applied to the report, but you can refine the report by adding filters.
The Installed Applications report includes a default collection of application-related information organized in the following columns:
Device: contains the device name The name assigned to the device in the operating system. For Chromebooks, device name is not applicable and therefore shows as "Chrome" in the Absolute console. and serial number The identification number assigned to the device by the device manufacturer. For Windows devices, this value may correspond to the serial number of the BIOS, the motherboard, or the chassis, depending on the manufacturer. for the device
To view all applications installed on a particular device, click the linked device name to open the device's Device Details > Applications page.
- Username Username of the user who was logged in to the device when an agent connection occurred. If no user was logged in during the most recent agent connection, the last detected username shows. If you are viewing a report and want to see if a user was logged in during the most recent connection, add the Current Username column to the report. If no user was logged in at the time of the connection, "No Data" or two em dashes (— —) show in the column.
- OS Name The name and version of the operating system detected on a device. The operating system is software that manages the software and hardware installed on a computer and allows programs and services to run. It is responsible for the basic operations of a computer system.
- Installed: the date and time (local device time) when the application was installed on the device
- Install location: the full path to the location where the application is installed on the device
- Application name: the normalized application name
- Version: the full version number of the installed application
- Publisher A company or organization selling software applications that is detected by a device's Absolute agent and reported in the Absolute console.: the normalized publisher name
Note that each row in the report shows information about a single application installed on a single device.
To view all applications installed on a particular device, do one of the following:
Search the report for the device
Filter the report by device name
Click the link in the Device column to open the device's Device Details > Applications page
To view the list of devices on which a particular application is installed, do one of the following:
Search the report for the application
Filter the report by application name
Go to the Applications page in the Assets area
You can search for a device, application, publisher, or user.
To search, enter all or part of a keyword in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
By default, the page's data is sorted by device name, in ascending order. To sort the data by another column, click the column heading. To reverse the sort order, click the column heading again.
Depending on the Absolute licenses associated with your account, and your user role, you may be able to perform some or all of the following tasks from the Installed Applications report:
- Open and view the report
- Adjust the columns on the report
- Add or remove filters
- Export the report
- Email the report on a set schedule
- Favorite the report
- Save changes to report filters and columns to create a custom view or a new report
Depending on the Absolute licenses associated with your account, and your user role, you may be able to request any of the following actions on one or more devices:
- Remove Freeze
- Delete File
- Send Message
- Run Script
- Perform EDD Scan
- Manage Supervisor Password
- Report Missing or Stolen
- Report Found (applies to Missing devices only)