After you open a report, you can view and work with its content by performing the following actions:
- Sort the report by a particular column
- Search for specific information in the report
- Edit the report's filters to change the information shown in the report
- Change the columns displayed in the report
- View a device's Device Details page, if the report includes linked device names
To open and view a report:
- On the navigation bar, click to open the All Reports view of the Reports page.
In the page's Search Reports field, enter the name of the report. The report list updates dynamically as you type.
Alternatively, if you want to find the report by first filtering the report list, click the view or report category associated with the report.
- Click the report to open it in the work area. Report content shows in the results grid organized into columns of device information.
- Review the report. If applicable, use the horizontal and vertical scroll bars to view more columns and records.
- To change the width of a column, drag the boundary on the right side of the column header until the column is the preferred width.
- Some time-based columns show a relative time, such as 2 days ago. To view the exact date and time in a tooltip, hover over the value.
To permanently show exact dates and times in this column across all reports, click the icon and clear the Show relative dates check box. Note that in your current Web browser, this configuration is persisted in future user sessions.
NOTE If No Data shows in a column, the device information associated with the column was not detected on the device.
NOTE All columns have a minimum width that can't be changed. If you want to reduce or eliminate the need to scroll to the right to see all available columns, remove some columns from the report.
NOTE When you export the report, these columns always show the exact date and time.
Report results are sorted by the column with the ascending or descending icon in its column header. To remove the default sort order and sort the results by a particular column, click the applicable column header. To reverse the sort order, click the column header again.
NOTE Sorting is not available for some columns.
While you're viewing a report, you can refresh its data to show any newly detected information. The date and time when the report data was last refreshed shows in the grid header under <#> Devices.
To refresh a report, click the icon in the grid header.
To keep a column always in view as you scroll to the right, pin the column by clicking its icon and selecting the Pinned check box. The column is positioned at the far left. You can pin up to three (3) columns. A dark gray border separates fixed columns from other columns.
To return a column to its default position in the report, clear the Pinned check box.
NOTE If the Pinned check box is grayed out, the report already has three pinned columns.
To search for specific data:
If the column you want to search is not part of the results, add the column to the report.
If the report contains devices, click in the search bar to open the search field selector and select the fields that you want to search.
To select more than one field, hold down shift and select each field. To search by device serial number, use Device name. Serial number doesn't show in the drop-down list of fields.
If you select one field, the placeholder updates to show you what field is selected. If you select multiple fields, the placeholder shows Search multiple.
In the search field, enter all or part of the keyword you want to use to find the item and click Search or press Enter. The keyword must contain at least two characters.
NOTE You can only search text fields. Searches for other data, such as numeric values, times, and dates are not supported.
Searching for "No Data" or "— —" is not supported.
To view device information for a particular device, click its linked device identifier. The device's Device Details page opens.
To save your changes:
To save your changes to a predefined report A report that is available by default for all customer accounts. You can access your predefined reports in Absolute view of the Reports page. Also see "user-defined report". or a page in the Assets area, click > Save. Your changes are saved to create a custom view of the report or page.
To discard your changes, navigate away from the report or page.
To save your changes to a user-defined report A report created using the Save As report option to save your report customizations to a new report. User-defined reports show in My Reports view of the Reports page. Also see "predefined report"., click either or Report Options and then click Save.
To discard your changes, click > Reset to last save or navigate away from the report.
- To save your changes by creating a new report:
- Do one of the following:
If you opened a report, click either or Report Options and then click Save as.
If you opened a page in the Assets area, click > Save as report.
The Save to a New Report dialog opens.
- Enter a Report Name and Description for the new report and click Save. The new report is added to the Reports page.
- Do one of the following: