NOTE The steps described in this topic do not apply to Classic Reports. For information about working with Classic Reports, see the Absolute User Guide.
You can create a new report by customizing an existing page or report and then using the Save as option to save your changes to a new report. Your new user-defined report shows in the same report category as the parent, and in the My Reports view of the Reports page. You can also save a report that you opened by clicking an element in a Dashboard widget.
For example, from a report in the Devices report category, you can select from hundreds of columns to add to the report. These columns may contain information about:
- Network and Bluetooth adapters
- Storage, including disks and volumes
- Peripheral hardware, including pointing devices, keyboards, printers, and USB devices
- IP addresses
- Mobile device identifiers (IMEI and IMSI)
- Custom Fields
- Device Freeze status
You can then add filters to create a more focused report.
To create a new user-defined report:
- On the navigation bar, do one of the following:
- To create a report from a page in the Assets area, click .
- To create a report from an existing report, click to open the All Reports view of the Reports page.
- To create a report from a page in the History area, click .
Click the page or report that you want to use as the basis for the new report. The page or report opens in the work area.
NOTE If you don't need to change any filters or columns before you save a report, you don't need to open it. In any view of the Reports page, click to the right of the report name and click Save as. Go to step 5.
- [Optional] Create a customized version of the page or report by adjusting the columns and adding or removing filters. Your customizations will be saved to the new report.
- Depending on the item you opened, click either > Save as, > Save as report, or Report Options > Save as.
- On the Save to a New Report dialog, enter a Report Name and Description for the new report.
- To share this new report with all other users in your account, click the Share with everyone slider to set it to On.
- Click Save. The new report is added to same category as the parent.
NOTE The Report Name field doesn't support any of the following characters: <, >, :, ", /, \, |, ? or *. In addition, the name can't exceed 180 characters and it may not begin or end with a period (.).
After you've created your report, you can work with it by performing the following tasks: