NOTE The steps described in this topic do not apply to Classic Reports. For information about working with Classic Reports, see the Absolute User Guide.
You can export a report or a page and download it to your computer in any of the following file formats:
- Comma Separated Values (.csv)
- Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet (.xlsx)
- Extensible Markup Language (.xml)
If you want to change the report before you export it, you can edit the report's filters, or add or remove columns. Your changes are reflected in the exported report, even if you don't actively save your changes.
NOTE Changes to a report's sort order are not reflected in an exported report.
To export a report:
- Log in to the Absolute console as a user with Export permissions for the report or page that you want to export. All default user roles, except the Guest User role, are granted this permission.
- On the navigation bar, do one of the following:
- To export a page in the Assets area, click .
- To export a report, click .
- To export a page in the History area, click .
- Open the report or page that you want to export.
- If you want to change the information included in the report before you export it, perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Depending on the report you are exporting, click either or Report Options and then click Export to open the Export Report dialog.
- Click the Format field and select one of the following options:
CSV (.csv) with column names
Exports the report (including column headers) in Comma Separated Values (.csv) file format
CSV (.csv) without column names
Exports the report (excluding column headers) in Comma Separated Values (.csv) file format
Exports the report (including column headers) in Microsoft Excel Open XML Spreadsheet (.xlsx) file format
NOTE If the report contains more than 1 million rows, select the CSV format. Reports of this size are not supported in Excel.
Exports the report in Extensible Markup Language (.xml) file format
NOTE If you select one of the CSV options and then view the exported file in Excel, some UTF-8 characters may not display correctly. If you want to view the exported file in Excel, select the Excel option.
- Click Export. The export process starts. Note that depending on the size of the report, it can a few minutes for the report to download.
NOTE If the Export option is not available, you can't export this type of report.
NOTE If the report includes more than 100 columns of data, a message shows and you can't export the report until you remove the excess columns.
If you exported a report in error, you can cancel the export if it hasn't finished processing. To do so, do one of the following depending on the type of report you are exporting:
- If the Notifications indicator in the top right of the page shows a spinner :
- Click the Notifications indicator.
- If the Generating Export progress bar shows, the export is still in progress. Click Cancel. The report export is canceled.
- To close the Notifications area click .
- If the Exporting report dialog shows near the top of the page, click the dialog's icon. The report export is canceled.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that apply to your browser and operating system to save the report to a location on your computer.
- Navigate to the directory where your saved the report. By default, the file name includes the report name and the date and time of the export, in the following format:
- Open the report using software that supports the report's file format. For example, you can use a spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft Office Excel or OpenOffice Calc, to view a .xlsx file.
<Report name>_yyyy_mm_dd_hh_mm.<file extension>
NOTE Depending on your operating system and web browser, if the report name includes special characters, the special characters may be removed from the file name or replaced by an underscore (_).
NOTE If you exported an XML formatted report that contains a very large amount of data we recommend using Notepad ++ to view its content.
NOTE If two em dashes (— —) or "No Data" show in a report column, these values are converted to blank values when the report is exported.