Editing report filters
NOTE The steps described in this topic do not apply to Classic Reports. For information about working with Classic Reports, see the Absolute User Guide.
You can edit the filters associated with a report or view to change the information it presents.
When you edit a filter, your changes are automatically retained in the current user session. To save your changes beyond the current session, you need to use one of the Save options, if available.
To update the filters associated with a report or view:
- Navigate to the report or view that you want to update.
- Depending on the filter options available, do one of the following:The report's filter area shows a icon
To edit an existing filter:
- Click the filter to open it.
- Edit the filter fields. Note that if you prefer to use your keyboard over your mouse, you can use the following keys to work with the filter fields:
- Arrow keys move the focus to the next item in a list
- The Enter key selects an item
- The Esc key closes the field without making a selection
- Click Apply.
To refine the report results by adding a new filter:
- Click and add a filter by selecting options and entering values in the filter fields.
- Click Apply.
Only those results that satisfy all filters are included in the report.
To expand the report results by adding a new filter:
- Click an existing filter to open it and then click OR under the existing filters.
- Select options and enter values in the filter fields.
- Click Apply.
Results that satisfy at least one filter are included in the report.
To remove a filter, click the filter and click Remove this filter. If the filter dialog contains multiple filters separated by the OR operator and you want remove a single filter only, click the filter's icon.
To reset the filters to the default filters for the report or page, click > Reset filters.
NOTE If the Reset filters link is grayed out, the default filters are applied.
Review the report to ensure that the filters are producing the expected results.
NOTE If the filter area contains more filters than it can show on one line a icon shows. The icon's numeral indicates the number of hidden filters. Click the icon to expand the filter area. Click it again to close it.
If there are more than 3 filters separated by the OR operator, the additional filters are grouped in Others. Click Others to view the hidden filters.
NOTE Filters are case insensitive. If you add a filter based on a particular text string (such as "Windows"), the results include all instances of the string, regardless of case (such as "windows", WINDOWS', and "Windows").The report's filter area shows a icon
- Click to open the Edit Filter dialog.
- To add a filter, select options and enter values in the filter fields. The results show near the bottom of the dialog.
- To add another filter, do one of the following:
- To refine the results, under AND click Add Filter and enter the filter details. Only those results that satisfy all filters are included.
- To expand the results, next to OR click Add Filter and enter the filter details. Results that satisfy at least one of the filters are included.
- To remove filters, do the following:
- To remove an individual filter click next to the filter.
- Filters connected by the OR operator are grouped in one section. To remove all filters in a section click Remove.
- When you are satisfied with the defined filters, click Done to close the Edit Filter dialog.
The filter results are updated.
In the work area, the new filter information shows under Filter and the updated report information shows in the results grid.
To save your changes:
To save your changes, do one of the following:
- If you opened a customized report and you want to save your changes to that report, click either or Report Options and then click Save.
- If you opened a customized report or a predefined report or view and you want to save your changes as a new customized report:
- Click either or Report Options, and then Save As. The Save to a New Report dialog opens.
- Type a Report Name and Description for the new report and click Save. The new report shows on the sidebar.
NOTE When you save a report or view, only the filters and column customizations are saved. The results are not saved with the report or view.