The Anti-Malware report provides up-to-date information about the anti-malware A software program that protects devices against malware, including viruses, spyware, and other malicious software programs. applications installed and detected on your Windows and Mac devices. For example, it shows the product name of the application, the definition version number, and the date and time the definition was last updated on a device.
The Anti-Malware report applies to devices running a supported version of the Windows or macOS operating system.
By default, the following filters are used to generate this report:
Agent status is Active and
Platform type is Windows or Platform type is Mac
You can create a customized version of the report by adding filters based on one or more filter criteria. For example, you can add a filter to show only those devices without an anti-malware application installed.
NOTE If you access the report from the Anti-Malware widget, any filters applied to the widget are also applied to the report. The report keeps these filters until you change them or log out of the console.
The Anti-Malware report includes a default collection of device information organized in the following columns:
- Device name, which includes the device's device name The name assigned to the device in the operating system. For Chromebooks, device name is not applicable and therefore shows as "Chrome" in the Absolute console. and serial number The identification number assigned to the device by the device manufacturer. For Windows devices, this value may correspond to the serial number of the BIOS, the motherboard, or the chassis, depending on the manufacturer.
- Anti-Malware columns, which show the following information about the anti-malware applications installed on your devices:
The name of the anti-malware application detected on the device
The version number of the detected anti-malware application
The version number of the detected anti-malware definition A software update released by an anti-malware vendor to protect devices against newly identified threats. Definitions are typically released on a daily basis.
The date and time when the anti-malware definition was last updated on the device
The date and time when the anti-malware information was detected on the device
Each device's Absolute agent performs an hourly anti-malware scan. If a change is detected, the new anti-malware information is uploaded on the device's next agent connection, which is typically within the next 15 minutes if the device is online. A full scan is also uploaded every 24 hours.
- Username Username of the user who was logged in to the device when an agent connection occurred. If no user was logged in during the most recent agent connection, the last detected username shows. If you are viewing a report and want to see if a user was logged in during the most recent connection, add the Current Username column to the report. If no user was logged in at the time of the connection, "No Data" or two em dashes (— —) show in the column.
- Make The manufacturer of a device.
- Model The manufacturer's designated name for the type of device.
You can use most of the device information as search criteria to search for a device, or a group of devices. You can also include other device information in the report, such as custom fields, by adding more columns. To refresh the report's data, click in the page footer.
NOTE If No Data shows in a column, the information was not detected on the device.
By default, the report data is not sorted. You can sort the report by clicking a column heading.
Depending on the Absolute licenses associated with your account, and your user role, you may be able to perform some or all of the following tasks on the Anti-Malware report:
Depending on the Absolute licenses associated with your account, and your user role, you may be able to perform some or all of the following tasks on the devices in this report:
- Search for and view individual devices in the report
- View the location of your devices
- Request any of the following actions on one or more devices: