Viewing applications installed on a device
On a device's Applications page, you can view detailed information about the software installed and detected on the device. You can access the Applications page from any page that shows linked device identifiers in the results grid, or from the Assets > Applications page for an individual application.
The Applications page applies only to Windows and Mac devices with an active Installed Applications policy.
To open a device's Applications page:
- On any page that shows linked device identifiers in the first column of the results grid, such as the Assets > Devices page, click the link for the device that you want to view. Overview information about the device shows in the page header.
- Click the Applications tab. The device's application information shows.
A device's Applications page includes a default collection of application-related information organized in the following columns:
- Application name: the normalized name of the installed application
- Publisher A company or organization selling software applications that is detected by a device's Absolute agent and reported in the Absolute console.: the normalized name of the application's publisher
- Version: the full version number of the installed application
- Installed: the date and time (local device time) when the application was installed on the device, or when it was last upgraded
- Install location: the full path to the location where the application is installed on the device
You can search for an application by application name, version number, publisher, or install location.
To search for an application, enter all or part of a keyword in the search field and click Search or press Enter.
By default, the page's data is sorted by application name, in ascending order. To sort the data by another column, click the applicable column heading. To reverse the sort order, click the column heading again.
While you are viewing a page or report, its data is not updated dynamically as new data becomes available. To show the most recent data available in the system, such as information that was just uploaded from a device, click the icon in the bottom left of the page. The Last updated field updates to the current date and time.
You can work with a device's Applications page in the following ways:
- Add or remove filters
- Adjust the columns in the results grid
- Save the page as a new report
NOTE To identify the device in this report, the Device column is automatically included.
- Export the page's data to a report
NOTE To identify the device in the exported report, the Device, Username, and OS Name columns are automatically included.