Editing permissions for a custom role
You can change the permissions associated with a custom role.
There are a few ways in which you can change a role's permissions:
- Add permissions that were not assigned when the role was created
- Assign permissions when new features are added to the Absolute console
- Revoke permissions
To edit permissions for a custom role:
- Log in to the Absolute console as a System Administrator.
- Access the User Management area.
- Click Roles and click the role you want to change permissions for.
- Click Permissions to open the role's Permissions page. The symbols indicate the following:
Permission is assigned to the role.
Permission is not assigned to the role.
Permission is not assigned to any role (i.e. not applicable).
- Click Edit to open the Edit Permissions dialog.
- Update the role's feature permissions by doing the following:
- To assign view-only permissions for a feature, select the feature's View check box.
- To assign view and edit permissions for a feature, select the feature's Manage check box. The View check box is selected automatically.
- To assign report export permissions for a feature, select the feature's View and Export check boxes.
- To assign Activate, Publish, Run, or Perform permissions for a feature, select the feature's applicable Other Actions check box. If a View check box is associated with the feature, select it as well.
- To revoke a permission, clear its check box.
- Click Save.
- On the Role updated dialog, click OK.