Assigning users to a role
To assign users to a role, you need to have the appropriate permissions to work with that role. For example, Security Power Users can assign users to Guest User or Power User roles only.
When users are assigned to a role, the users receive an email indicating that an account was created for them and they need to create a password to access the Absolute console.
To assign users to a role after the user is created:
- Log in to the Absolute console as a user with Assign permissions for Users and View permissions for Roles.
- Access the User Management area, click Roles, and from the sidebar click the role you want to assign users to; for example, Administrator.
- The default Administrator Role page opens
to show the Assigned Classic Role page. Click Assigned Users to see a list of all users assigned to this role.
- Click Edit.
- On the Assign Users page, notice that all existing Administrators are grayed out because they're already assigned to this role.
- Click the check box next to each user with an Active status that you want to assign to the Administrator role.
- Click Save.
- On the confirmation dialog, click Close.
The user is added to the list on the Assigned Users page for this role.