Promoting a user to the System Administrator role
By default, the first user for all new accounts is assigned the System Administrator role. This user can assign users to all roles, including the System Administrator role.
IMPORTANT Following best practice, we recommend you assign two users to the System Administrator role.
If your only System Administrator has left your organization, you need to promote a user to the System Administrator role by submitting an authorization agreement to Absolute Technical Support.
To promote a user to the System Administrator role:
- Log in to the Absolute console as an Administrator.
- Click in the top right and then click Resources.
- Under Forms, click System Administration Authorization Agreement.
- Download the file and follow the instructions to complete the System Administrator user role form, which is on page 2 of the System Administration Authorization Agreement.
- Click and then click Support.
- On the Support page, click Open a case.
- On the Contact Customer Support page, enter the details as follows:
- At the Severity field, open the list and click the appropriate severity level. Severity levels are described at the bottom of this page.
- In the Subject field, type something to indicate what type of help you want. For example, Create a System Administrator role for our account lets Support know what you need help with.
- In the Description field, enter a full description; for example, typing "Promoting an administrator to the system administrator role" provides Technical Support with information they can use to help you.
- Click Add Attachment and select the scanned copy of the signed System Administrator user role form.
- When you're done, click Submit.
Absolute Technical Support will contact you to provide assistance and complete your request.