Creating custom reports
NOTE The steps described in this topic do not apply to Classic Reports. For information about working with Classic Reports, see the Absolute User Guide.
You can create a new report by customizing an existing page or report and saving your changes to a new report name. The new report shows on the Reports page under Custom.
For example, you can select from hundreds of data points to include in the Devices with Active Policies report. As a result, you can adjust the report columns to create a report that shows different types of information about your devices, such as:
- Network and Bluetooth adapters
- Storage, including disks and volumes
- Peripheral hardware, including pointing devices, keyboards, printers, and USB devices
- IP addresses
- Mobile device identifiers (IMEI and IMSI)
- Custom Fields
- Device Freeze status
You can then add filters to create a more focused report.
NOTE Custom reports are user-specific. You can't view reports created by other users.
To create a custom report:
- On the navigation bar, do one of the following:
- To create a custom report from a page in the Assets area, click .
- To create a custom report from an existing report, click .
- To create a custom report from a page in the History area, click .
- Click the page or report that you want to use as the basis for the new report. The report opens in the work area.
- [Optional] Create a customized version of the page or report by adjusting the columns and adding or removing filters. Your customizations will be saved to the new report.
- Depending on the item you opened, click either or Report Options, and then click Save As.
- On the Save to a New Report dialog type a Report Name and Description for the new report and click Save. The new report is added to the Reports page under Custom.
NOTE The Report Name field doesn't support any of the following characters: <, >, :, ", /, \, |, ? or *. In addition, the name can't exceed 180 characters and it may not begin or end with a period (.).
After you've created your report you can work with it by performing the following tasks: