After you open a report, you can view and work with its content by performing the following actions:
- Sort the report by a particular column
- Search for specific information in the report
- Edit the report's filters to change the information shown in the report
- Change the columns displayed in the report
- View a device's Device Details page, if the report includes linked Device Names
When you customize a report, your changes are automatically retained in the current user session. To save your changes beyond the current session, you need to use one of the report's Save options.
To open and view a report:
On the navigation bar, click to open the Reports page.
- In the Search Reports field, start typing the name of the report that you want to view. The report list updates dynamically as you type.
- Click the report to open it in the work area.
- View the report content. Use the horizontal scroll bar to view all columns included on the report, and use the vertical scroll bar to view all records.
- To change the width of a column, drag the boundary on the right side of the column header until the column is the preferred width.
- Some time-based columns show a relative time, such as 2 days ago. To view the exact date and time in a tooltip, hover over the value.
To permanently show exact dates and times in this column across all reports, click the icon and clear the Show Relative Dates check box. Note that in your current Web browser, this configuration is persisted in future user sessions.
Report content shows in the results grid, which is organized into columns of device information.
NOTE If No Data shows in a column, the device information associated with the column was not detected on the device.
NOTE All columns have a minimum width that can't be changed. If you want to reduce or eliminate the need to scroll to the right to see all available columns, remove some columns from the report.
NOTE When you export the report, these columns always show the exact date and time.
Report results are sorted by the column with the ascending or descending icon in its column header. To remove the default sort order and sort the results by a particular column, click the applicable column header. To reverse the sort order, click the column header again.
NOTE Sorting is not available for some columns.
While you're viewing a report, you can refresh its data to show any newly detected information. The date and time when the report data was last refreshed shows in the grid header under <#> Devices.
To refresh a report, click the icon in the grid header.
To keep a column always in view as you scroll to the right, pin the column by clicking its icon and selecting the Pinned check box. The column is positioned at the far left. You can pin up to three (3) columns. A dark gray border separates fixed columns from other columns.
To return a column to its default position in the report, clear the Pinned check box.
NOTE If the Pinned check box is grayed out, the report already has three pinned columns.
In the report's Search field, type all or part of the search keyword you want to use to find the data. Search results update dynamically in the results grid as you type.
NOTE You can only search text fields. Searches for other data, such as numeric values, times, dates, and No Data, are not supported.
To view device information for a particular device click its linked device identifier. The device's Device Details page opens.