NOTE Depending on the Absolute product licenses associated with your account, the mobile app may not be available.
The Absolute Control® mobile app lets you view and protect your devices even when you're away from your desk.
After you download the app, you can perform the following actions directly from your Apple or Android smartphone:
- Search for a device by:
- Device name
- Serial number
- IMEI (Android devices only)
- Absolute Identifier
- Operating system
- View the following information about a device:
- Device location (map view)
- Device nameThe name assigned to the device in the operating system. For Chromebooks, device name is not applicable and therefore shows as "Chrome" in the Absolute console.
- Serial numberThe name assigned to the device in the operating system. For Chromebooks, device name is not applicable and therefore shows as "Chrome" in the Absolute console.
- IMEIThe International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is an identifier used to identify GSM, UMTS and LTE mobile phones. Typically, you can find a phone's IMEI in the battery compartment, or on-screen in phone settings. (Android devices only)
- AbsoluteIdentifierThe unique Electronic Serial Number (ESN) assigned to the Absolute agent that is installed on a device.
- UsernameUsername of the user who was logged in to the device when an agent connection occurred. If no user was logged in during the most recent agent connection, the last detected username shows. If you are viewing a report and want to see if a user was logged in during the most recent connection, add the Current Username column to the report. If no user was logged in at the time of the connection, "No Data" or two em dashes (— —) show in the column.
- MakeThe manufacturer of a device. and modelThe name assigned to the device in the operating system. For Chromebooks, device name is not applicable and therefore shows as "Chrome" in the Absolute console.
- Last connectedThe date and time when a device's Absolute agent last checked in to the Absolute Monitoring Center. date and time
- Device location (city, country) and the detection date
- Policy groupA collection of devices to which a set of policies are applied.
- Name and version of the detected anti-malware product
- Name and status of the detected full-disk encryption product
- Freeze a device
- Unfreeze a device
NOTE Freeze security actions are only available if your account has the Absolute 7 Freeze feature, and your user role is granted Perform permissions for Freeze and Remove Freeze.
Downloading the app
To download the Absolute Control mobile app, visit the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store from your mobile device and search for Absolute Control.
The Absolute Control mobile app is supported on devices running one of the following OS versions:
- iOS 11 and higher
- Android 8 and higher